Pie in the Sky Deux

In my fantasy world where I am the founder of Diamond Air, I would like to hire a local with a wealth of knowledge about the area, the culture and the history, ideally an Indigenous individual or part Indigenous, to write narratives for air tours for each of the legs of the diamond being served.

I would want two or three versions for each so it doesn't get boring if you are a frequent flyer.

In my excessively idealisitic fantasies, we come up with some contract that allows Diamond Air to use the info and also allows the author to keep IP rights in some fashion or to some degree so if they wanted to write a book or something using their research, they could.

How do you do something like that without cutting your own throat or creating a business conflict of interest? I have NO IDEA.

But I'm a writer with a wealth of knowledge who struggles to make ends meet and the fact that you can either work for a pittance or take credit and gamble on making it big but probably fail makes me crazy.

There has to be a better way for humanity to compensate its knowledge-bearers and if I were crazy rich, it's a crazy idea I would like to gamble on.